A few years later we still were not pregnant. Even with this deep desire in our heart to have a child we also had a great desire to serve the Lord and do the things He had put into our hands to do and enjoy each moment. But there were days that were harder then others. I remember one time where someone had shared they were pregnant I was excited for them but for some reason felt this overwhelming sorrow in my heart and then the attack was on. I stepped away and went into the bathroom as the enemy was bombarding me so heavily with lies like "your not a real woman you can't even have a child." "You can't even give your husband the one thing he so desires what kind of woman are you". I remember just praying that the Lord would protect me and cover me and the scripture that I remember proclaiming is I am going to "rejoice with those that rejoice...." Romans 12:15. I proclaimed that scripture during that attack and refused to let the enemy rob me of that. When I got home I told Casey & he prayed over me and we prayed for the joy of the Lord. We decided in our heart that we were going to rejoice with friends and family as God blessed them with children and enjoy their beautiful children. So we truly enjoyed our nieces and nephews and our friends children every chance we could. That blessing of being able to invest in our family & friends children, to enjoy them as Auntie & Uncle we wouldn't have traded for anything. What a special blessing that has been to us that God gave us.

No comments:
Post a Comment